In March 2023, the Neighbourhoods Foundation Charitable Trust was incorporated in New Zealand. This move represents our commitment to maintaining the Social Sensemaker as a free and open-source technology.
The Trusts objectives are to build and maintain our suite of tools for sense-making, for the creation of digital social spaces that are community and mission-driven.
In addition, the Trust hold our commitment to
- the participant ownership and control over their means of communication, information sharing, and record-keeping;
- the development of local systems of discoverability of content and services;
- enabling stewardship and enhancement of archives of local knowledge;
- community-centered auditing and validation of the provenance of data sets;
- facilitation and support of the use of the Social Sensemaker at no cost;
- the development of an ecosystem of compatible applications;
- and free educational opportunities for community members in New Zealand and virtually
Given its enthusiasm and diligence toward community technology projects and the distributed web, we are thrilled to call New Zealand our new hub; Kia ora!
4 Ash Street, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand